Canadian Patient Safety Week 2017: Medication Safety
Miscommunication about medication can hurt you or your loved one. That’s why Canadian Patient Safety Week 2017, which runs from October 30 to November 3 is focused on the “Take With Questions” campaign. Use the following 5 life-saving questions to give and take medication without harmful consequences:
- Changes? Have any medications been added, stopped or changed, and why?
- Continue? What medications do I need to keep taking, and why?
- Proper Use? How do I take my medications, and for how long?
- Monitor? How will I know if my medication is working, and what side effects do I watch for?
- Follow-Up? Do I need any tests and when do I book my next visit?