10 ways to get active on National Health and Fitness Day
We’ve curated 10 great Canadian ways that you can join in the celebration on National Health and Fitness Day. There’s something for everyone – so what are you waiting for?
- Check out the National Health and Fitness Day Community Event page to locate events near you and your family.
- Go for a walk or hike in your neighbourhood with a family member or friend:Including others increases the chances that you’ll follow through on your intention.
- Discover Parks Canada and pay a visit to one of Canada’s incredible national parks, national marine conservation areas and historic sites.
- Should you prefer to do physical activity indoors, consider checking out some of theparticipating gyms across the country.
- Explore a piece of our very own Great Trail (Trans Canada Trail) which is now 24,000 km long and 100% connected through 13 Provinces and Territories.
- Use National Health and Fitness Day as motivation to kick-off a 7-day streak fitness challenge: Check out a resource for three different challenges here.
- Get your bicycle tuned up and hit up a local trail: Find information on bicycling routes, safety, laws and tours and events at Canada Trails.
- Get your float on and hit one of our beautiful Canadian beaches and swimming holes: Find out more here, here, and here.
- Take an active recess with your family by finding a playground near you withPlayground Buddy.
- And finally, ahead of the big day, check out the The Canadian Physical Activity and Sedentary Guidelines and familiarize yourself with how active you and your family members should be – and how to get there.
National Health and Fitness Day is a great way to kick-off an active lifestyle change for you and your family, leading to healthier and more enjoyable lives for all!