Learning how to manage and avoid flare-ups for your asthma or COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) is an important part of managing your lung health. Meet with a Chronic Disease management nurse to learn more about COPD or asthma and its management.
Asthma and/or COPD education can help you to better understand your chronic lung condition and how to manage your symptoms. Your educator will work with you to:
Meet with our Chronic Disease Management Nurses to learn more about COPD and Asthma, what the causes are and ways to manage your condition at home.
- Learn more about your conditions, symptoms and ways to help manage them
- Create a plan of what to do if your symptoms flare.
- Coaching for proper use of inhaled medication devices and breathing techniques
- Medication review and dose adjustments in coordination with Physician and/or Respirologist.
HOW TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT:
- To access this service, ask your primary care provider (family physician or nurse practitioner) for more information and to request a referral.
- Referrals from your primary care provider are preferred, but if this is not an option, please call the Family Health Team at 519-843-3947, and we can talk to you about getting started.