Commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The Upper Grand Family Health Team is committed to creating an environment for staff, patients and partners that fosters:
- An inclusive and anti-oppressive culture where respect, equity, and positive recognition of differences are cultivated, diverse voices are heard, and everyone feels valued.
- The elimination of injustice and oppression.
- Ongoing adaptations to the needs and demographics of our growing and ever-changing clients and community.
Steps that we are taking:
- We initiated an Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) committee that includes staff, leadership and community members.
- We are integrating EDI into our organizational strategy and quality improvement commitments.
- We are committed to tracking and measuring EDI initiatives and improvements utilizing the Global Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Benchmarks: Standards for Organizations Around the World (GDEIB Benchmarks).
- We are getting feedback from patients and community members about the areas that we can improve.
If you have questions or would like more information, please contact the UGFHT Executive Director, Hilary Blackett at email@example.com.