Mental health includes our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It affects how we think, feel, and act. It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others, and make choices. Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood.
Mental health problems are common but help is available. People with mental health problems can get better and many recover completely.
If you are in crisis or this is a mental health emergency, please call: 1-844-437-3247 (HER247)
One-on-One Consultations provided by the mental health counsellors are aimed at mild to moderate mental health issues including:
- Comprehensive individual mental health assessment;
- Mental Health treatment and follow-up as determined in consultation with you and your primary care practitioner;
- Liaison with the broader mental health system to ensure continuity of care for patients requiring more intensive intervention;
- Onsite assessment and consultation by a psychiatrist as requested by the physician and mental health counsellor
HOW TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT:
- A referral from your physician or health care provider is required.