Registered dietitians are trained nutrition experts who are passionate about food and the science behind it.
When you meet with a dietitian, they will help you understand the connection between nutrition and your health. They will support you in enjoying a wide range of foods while still including those you love.
The information they provide will be specific to your personal needs and preferences. They will work with you to meet your healthy living goals.
Individual appointments with a dietitian are available to the clients of the Family Health Team’s collaborating physicians. Examples of situations that someone may work with a dietitian are:
- Pregnancy, Infant or childhood feeding, nutrition or growth concerns
- Gastro-Intestinal problems such as Celiac, Crohn’s, Colitis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Diverticulitis
- Heart Health concerns such as high cholesterol or blood pressure
- Food allergies or sensitivities
- Nutrition and mental health
- Diabetes and blood sugar concerns
- Mindful eating and behaviour change
- And so much more!
HOW TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
- A referral from your physician or healthcare provider is required.