THERAPEUTIC EXERCISE & ACTIVITY
Occupational Therapists (OTs) help people of all ages overcome barriers to participate in their daily activities. Kinesiologists work with people of all ages and physical abilities to help them achieve their health and wellness goals. They can assist in improving quality of life through evidence-based research to treat and prevent both injury and disease as well as improve movement and performance.
OT or Kinesiology services at the Family Health Team can provide support in many ways, such as:
- Home safety assessments with recommendations to optimize safety and independence
- Strategies to manage chronic conditions and pain
- Cognitive assessments and interventions
- Exercise assessments and exercise prescriptions
- Strategies to manage injuries and prevent worsening or reinjury.
HOW TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT:
- To access this service, ask your primary care provider (family physician or nurse practitioner) for more information and to request a referral.
- Referrals from your primary care provider are preferred, but if this is not an option, please call the Family Health Team at 519-843-3947, and we can talk to you about getting started.