The UGFHT Geriatric team supports seniors and caregivers of seniors in our community. We support with concerns around memory, medical or illness challenges, fall prevention and other issues that affect your day to day activities.
We support by:
- Provide education and support
- Connect you with specialists and/or other community services.
- Home or office visits with patients and caregivers.
- Comprehensive geriatric assessments with team-based approach.
- Team members may include a Geriatric Social Worker, Occupational Therapist and Geriatric Nurse. Pharmacy Consultations may also be included as part of the care plan.
HOW TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT:
- To access this service, ask your primary care provider (family physician or nurse practitioner) for more information and to request a referral.
- Referrals from your primary care provider are preferred, but if this is not an option, please call the Family Health Team at 519-843-3947, and we can talk to you about getting started.