CHRONIC PAIN MANAGEMENT
The UGFHT chronic pain program is a team-based program to help you understand and manage your pain in ways that work for you. The program is typically about three months in duration, with multiple visits to our team, home learning, and home exercise/movement plans for you to work on during that time.
OUR PAIN TEAM WILL:
- Get to know you and your pain story.
- Assess your pain and identify concerns that are contributing to your pain.
- Provide education, tools and strategies to help you manage your pain.
- Connect you with other professionals and resources as needed.
IS THIS SERVICE RIGHT FOR ME?
- You are a person living with chronic pain.
- You are seeking help and support to understand your pain and find strategies that work for you.
- You are ready to talk to people that know that pain is complicated and there is no “easy fix”.
- You are ready to take action to improve your pain.
HOW TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT:
- To access this service, ask your primary care provider (family physician or nurse practitioner) for more information and to request a referral.
- Referrals from your primary care provider are preferred, but if this is not an option, please call the Family Health Team at 519-843-3947 x 123, and we can talk to you about getting started.